Split testing - SUPER important to boost revenue
I put up this tutorial on split testing (which took me many more hours to create than I care to admit).
Split testing Tutorial for WordPress users (and everyone else)
- I had been using Google Website Optimizer until recently
- I switched to Visual Website Optimizer, which costs me $49 per month but is utterly amazing
- You do not need to spend money to do split testing, but I've found that reducing the friction to setup these tests (using a paid service) is really worth the money to me, plus I can run way more tests in parallel this way
- It is HIGHLY important to keep testing changes to your site to boost sales or optins, or whatever.
Example of tests I'm running now:
1) Custom checkout page vs default clickbank page
2) FAQ on my order form vs no FAQ
3) Cartoon-whiteboard sales video vs boring Powerpoint "words on screen" video.
I have a huge list of other tests I'll run.
The math is easy. If you can perform 7 tests that each boost your revenue by 10% (say conversion from 1% to 1.1%), then these 7 tests will DOUBLE your business.
So get split testing.
|google website optimizer, split testing, visual website optimizer|